COVID-19 Business Practices
COVID-19 Best Business Practices (Guidelines from the Center of Disease Control - CDC)
Is it safe to order Slime from my shop?
I believe so and I hope this page helps answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding purchasing my slimes. I am currently following these guidelines:
- CDC recommends that all businesses routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, keyboards, telephones, handrails, and doorknobs. All of these are cleaned and disinfected daily using EPA approved cleaning products, before and after use in my slime room and work area.
- My family and I have completely isolated ourselves in my home, and my mom has kept our home very sanitized.
- I wear disposable gloves at all times while making my slimes, filming large batches and packaging slimes into individual containers, and while packaging for shipment. My hands are washed and sanitized before and after production always using a new pair of gloves.
- I only have one other helper at this time and that is my mother who helps with preparing shipments only. She washes and sanitizes before and after entering my slime room and always wears disposable gloves. With just my mother and myself preparing packages for shipment, this allows me to ensure I have the safest work environment possible while delivering the highest quality service to my customers!
- I do use Borax in my slimes and Borax has been noted as a natural disinfectant.
- Videos you see on my social media of individual slimes are never sold and are strictly used for videos.
Receiving your shipment of Slime
- The World Health Organization studies suggest that coronaviruses (including preliminary information on the COVID-19 virus) may persist on surfaces for a few hours or up to several days.
- A study done by NIH (National Institute of Health) found that the virus can live up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel.
- Therefore it is extremely unlikely that any virus would survive from the time of shipment to arrival.
- If you are concerned, you can wait a few days before opening your package.
I want to thank all of my followers and those who have purchased from me. It means a lot to me as a small business owner which helps support my college expenses. But most of all I hope my slimes will help with any stresses you are going through right now or for pure enjoyment to pass the time.
We are all in this together during this time and my positive thoughts are with you and your families. Stay safe and healthy and don't forget to wash your hands!
If you have and questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lots of Love, Ashlee